a new market segment was created when the iPad was launched. The segment between netbooks and smartphones dominated the iPad since launch. Large main manufacturers are now launching their products on the market, the first coming from Samsung. So how do you compare the Samsung Galaxy Tab with the Apple iPad?
Samsung Galaxy Tab specs:
- 1GHz Cortex A8 processor
- Android 2.2 operating system plus the Samsung TouchWiz user interface
- to 7 hours of battery life
- 16GB or 32GB of internal memory
- 3G and WiFi connectivity for online
- Video call and a 3-megapixel rear camera for photographing
- HD video playback
- Adobe Flash support
- GPS Navigation
- expandable memory
- HDMI, USB and docking port for accessories
How is the Samsung Galaxy Tab different Apple iPad?
- iPad screen is 9.7-inches (measured diagonally) compared with the smaller 7-inch Samsung tablet format so that you get to play with a smaller screen, but it's more portable.
- Galaxy Tab also has access to Android Market applications with Nokia's own apps, but the iPad has access to the Apple App Store, which offers a much wider range of applications and many more are optimized for Tablet devices. Apps on the iPad are limited to those approved by the Apple App Store, Samsung does not limit its application so that you can load whatever you want.
- Galaxy Tab battery is capable of up to 7 hours of continuous video playback on one charge in relation to up to 10 hours on the iPad.
- processor is more powerful than the iPad.
- iPad does not support Adobe Flash so that the web parts are not available, such as some video games and animation.
- iPad has no USB port for attaching periphery or memory stick and the iPad's capacity can not be extended - you're limited to the model sold in the beginning.
- Galaxy Tab has a camera for video conferencing and taking pictures, iPad first Generation no.
Samsung Galaxy Tab vs iPad
iPad was founded and was first to market so that takes precedence. It is very stable, has established app on the market and a huge iTunes library of music, videos and more toga.Dugo battery life, excellent user interface and video capabilities mean IPAD has a fantastic user experience.
Galaxy Tab has a number of things that people complain are missing from the iPad such as USB ports, extendable memory, flash support and the freedom to load whatever you want on your Tablet PC.
Apple dominate the market, but also all other major manufacturers to enter now and only time will tell who the big winners.